Effective Date: 7/15/2022
This article describes in detail the Enrollment Plan page within the DebtPayPro CRM, which is found by going to the Enrollments Tab and clicking on "Plans". It is broken up into the following sections:
- Program Length
- Settlement Savings
- Fee Profiles
- Processor Fees
- Comp Templates
- Shared with Companies
- Role Access
- Show Fee Subtotal Column
- Notify at % of Total Debt
- Client Savings
*If editing an existing plan, select it from the dropdown menu in the navigation bar found at the top left of the page (see red highlighted image below).
This section provides control of the overall general settings for the enrollment plan.
Active: This checkbox should be selected if the plan is going to be actively used in the CRM. If left unchecked, the plan will not be available to use when selecting an enrollment plan for a contact.
File Type: A File Type must be selected for each enrollment plan. Despite “Any File Type” being an option, this should not be used as it can cause unintended errors. If multiple file types require the same fee structure, multiple enrollment plans should be created, one for each file type.
Plan Name: A unique plan name is recommended.
Two Monthly Drafts: This allows for two monthly payments to be on a plan versus just one. ***This is an outdated part of the system as alternative payment frequencies can be added to an account via the DPP Settings page in the PRO account. ( https://dpg.debtpaypro.com/index.php?module=accounts&page=dppsettings > Modules: Payments > Frequency Selection (A). )
Select First Payment Date: Checking this box will allow a user to select a First Payment Date as well as a Recurring Payment Date at the time of filling out the plan for a contact.
This section determines how long a client can be enrolled in this plan.
Program Length Default: The default Program Length for this Enrollment Plan when selecting it for a particular contact.
Minimum: The shortest program length this enrollment plan can be set to.
Maximum: The longest program length this enrollment plan can be set to.
Increment: The amount by which the Program Length will increase or decrease within the Minimum and Maximum Range. For example: if the minimum program length is set to 6 and the maximum program length is set to 12, and the increment is 2, then the available length options will be 6, 8, 10, or 12.
Settlement Savings (Only for Debt Settlement Plans):
This section determines the available range of what the Debt Settlement company estimates that they can settle the client's debt for (based on a percentage of the enrolled debt value)
Est. Settlement %: The default Estimated Settlement Amount to be set on the Enrollment Plan when selecting it for a contact.
Minimum: The lowest the Estimated Settlement % can be set to
Maximum: The highest the Estimated Settlement % can be set to
Increment: The amount or by which the Estimated Settlement % will increase or decrease within the Minimum and Maximum Range. For example: if the minimum is set to 45 and the maximum is set to 60, and the increment is 5, then available Estimated Settlement % options will be 45, 50, 55, and 60 Percent.
This is a Performance Plan: This option should ONLY be selected if no fees are being collected before a settlement is achieved. This also includes if legal fees are present (such as Veritas). If the company is a performance-based company, you only need to set the fee as deferred (see the section below on Fees)
Draft Fee’s Separate: This checkbox will cause each Fee to process as separate transactions instead of combining their sums into single payments. ***Very few cases where this is ever needed as many payment processors will charge based on the number of transactions.
Includes Veritas Legal: This option should be selected if this plan includes fees to be paid to Veritas Legal.
This section determines when a plan could be applicable for a contact. If a contact does not meet the criteria selected here, then this plan will not be available when choosing an enrollment plan for them.
Legal Plan: By checking this box, the plan is labeled as a Legal Plan in the CRM.
Debt Amount: If this checkbox is selected, then a minimum to maximum debt value must be entered. This plan would then only be available to contacts whose Enrolled Debt falls between those values.
Debt to Income Ratio: If this checkbox is selected, then a minimum to maximum debt to income ratio must be entered. The income is determined by what is keyed in for a contact’s budget analysis.
States: If this checkbox is checked, States must be selected from the box to its right. Only contacts who live in one of the selected states will be eligible to use this plan.
Fee Profiles allow for more dynamic fee ranges based on the debt information listed within a contact's record. For more information on this topic, read the Fee Profile article in the Help Center.
If this option is missing, there are no fee profiles yet established in this account. If you need to add the first Fee Profile to the CRM, navigate to the Admin Tab and then modify the URL to where page=feeprofiles ( example: https://login.debtpaypro.com/index.php?module=administration&page=feeprofiles ) Once a fee profile has been created, this option will now be selectable from the Edit Enrollment Plan screen.
Gateway / Monthly / Setup
This section shows which gateways/payment processors are currently integrated with the account, along with what their monthly/setup fees are. While some of these values are set on the backend (for example - DPG) many can have their fees changed from the Settlements Tab > Settings > Gateway Fees.
Comp Templates to Show: This allows a user to specify what Compensation Templates (aka Fee Splits) are allowed to be selected for this plan.
Comp Template Default: This is where the default Comp Template is selected for this plan.
Shared With Companies
This controls what companies in the CRM have access to this enrollment plan.
This controls what roles in the CRM have access to this enrollment plan.
This section is where all fees for the enrollment plan are described; up to seven fees can be on a single enrollment plan. Each row of values is for a different fee “number.” We recommend that fees are consistent amongst all plans for an account (for example, if the “Enrollment Fee” is Fee 1 for one plan, it should also be Fee 1 on any other plan that it may show up on in the account)
- Processor Fee: This checkbox identifies if the fee is a Processor Fee. We recommend that the fees needing this checkbox be set to Fee 7 wherever possible to remain consistent with other accounts.
- Active Checkbox: This checkbox lets the CRM know that this fee will be used on the enrollment plan. If left blank, the CRM believes this fee is to be ignored.
- Name: This is what the fee is to be called for the Enrollment Plan
- Fee Type: This dropdown menu is combined with item 5 to define the value of the fee.
- Debt Percent: the fee will be calculated by taking the amount (5) and multiplying it by the Enrolled Debt value
- Fixed Amount: the fee will be the exact amount specified for this fee every time a payment is made with it.
- Sett Savings: the fee will be calculated by taking the amount (5) and multiplying it by Estimated Settlement Amount (Est Savings x Enrolled Debt). Only applicable for Debt Settlement Enrollment Plans.
- Fixed Amort: the fee will be the exact amount specified, divided by the number of payments it appears in
- Per Debt: the fee will be calculated by taking the amount (5) and multiplying it by the number of Enrolled Debts.
5. Amount: This is the value compared with item 4 to determine the value of the fee. See item 4 for a definition of what each Fee Type means for the amount.
6. Defer: This tells the CRM that this fee can only be paid out to the payee(s) upon the completion of a settlement offer. Only applicable for Performance Based Debt Settlement Enrollment Plans.
7. Discount: This allows a discount for the fee to be listed. Rarely used.
8. Starts: This specifies when this fee starts in the program.
9. Ends: This specifies when the fee ends in the program.
10. Weighted Fee: This allows a user to specify if the fee needs to be paid out faster earlier in the program, and then it’ll be a lesser amount later in the program. For example, if there was a yearlong program, a user could specify that the first 50% of a fee is to be paid out in the first 4 months, and the remaining would then be paid out over the last 8 months.
11. Paid By Check: Defaults to No. If set to Yes, the CRM will not process this fee and it will be scheduled separately from the others, believing the enrolled client is sending in a check directly.
12. Hide: Defaults to No. If set to Yes, the CRM will hide this fee. Rarely used.
13. Method: Allows a user to specify if this fee will be ACH or CC. Rarely used since this will also cause this fee to process separately from other fees on the same enrollment plan.
14. Sub-Type: This allows the user to specify a custom sub-type label for the fee. This can be customized from the Enrollments Tab > Sub Types.
15. Gateway: This allows the user to specify if a fee must use a specific integrated gateway/payment processor. Rarely used since this will also cause this fee to process separately from other fees on the same enrollment plan.
Show Fee Subtotal Column
At the bottom left of this page is a section allowing you to show a fee subtotal column in the enrollment plan.
Notify at % of total debt
At the bottom left of this page is a section allowing you to notify a client if fees exceed a percentage of total debt.
Note: For most plans/fees, only items 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 8 and 9 are required.
Only applicable for Debt Settlement file types (usually left blank)
Savings Start - This tells the enrollment plan when it should start collecting money to go towards the savings account.
Savings End - This tells the enrollment plan when it should stop collecting money to go towards the savings account.
Savings Adjustment - If checked, this setting will tell the CRM to balance the money going towards savings so as each payment made by the enrolled client can attempt to be as consistent as possible. Because of fee values, this may or may not be possible, but the CRM will attempt to do so.
Show Savings Accumulation - If checked, the CRM will add another column to be displayed when setting a contact up with this enrollment plan. The new column will display the accumulation of savings after each payment is made, assuming that each payment is to be cleared.
Once you finish with all sections of the Enrollment Plan, click the "Save Plan" button as seen in the image below.