Location: Admin tab > Settings > SMS Triggers
SMS Triggers allow you to have SMS messages sent based on a system event such as milestones in the enrollment process, Workflow Status updates or payment status updates.
To start, from the navigation bar (drop-down menu) select the system event you wish the trigger to activate on. In the example below, we have up set up a trigger for when the client is approved in the enrollment process.
Example System Events
The following are examples of some common system events you may wish to setup SMS triggers for. We encourage you to explore the options available. We do periodically add or change some of the system events. If you are unable to locate the appropriate system event please feel free to email email@example.com for more information.
- Client Approved: Occurs when a User presses the "Approve File" button on Submitted contact.
- Client Cancel: Occurs when a User presses the "Cancel Program" button on an Enrolled contact.
- Client Enrolled: Occurs upon completion of enrollment when a User presses the "Complete Enrollment" button. The contact may first need to be Submitted and Approved based on your enrollment workflow settings. This is the ideal trigger for sending your "Welcome Message".
- Client Paused: Occurs when a User presses the "Pause Payments" button on an Enrolled contact. Additionally, this trigger will also activate when a payment is Returned if you have the Enrollment Setting "Pause on NSF" enabled.
- Client Resumed: Occurs when a User presses the "Resume Payments" button on a Paused contact.
- Client Returned: Occurs when a User presses the "Return File" button after a contact has been Submitted for Enrollment.
- Client Submitted: Occurs when a User presses the "Submit File" button on a contact.
- Document Uploaded: Occurs when a file is uploaded to the Docs tab on a contact.
- E-Sign Completed: Occurs when an E-Sign or Clixsign request is completed.
- E-Sign Declined: Occurs when an E-Sign or Clixsign request is declined.
- E-Sign Email Opened: Occurs when an E-Sign or Clixsign request is sent and the email to the signer has been opened.
- Payment Cleared: Occurs when a payment is Cleared (will not work when manually clearing payments).
- Payment Error: Occurs when a payment is not processed due to an error.
- Payment Returned: Occurs when a payment is Returned/NSF by your processor (will not work when manually marking a transaction Returned). You would want to use this trigger to send internal and external notifications immediately upon the transaction being Returned.
- Stage / Status Change: Occurs when a contact's Workflow Status or Stage is changed. When selecting this trigger, a second menu will appear on the navigation bar where you will need to select a specific Status or Stage that will activate the trigger. (This trigger will not activate upon contact creation)
Creating an SMS Trigger
1. File Type: This is a Filter/Qualifier. Select the File Type that a contact must be in, in order for this trigger to activate. In most cases, your CRM may only have one File Type (Debt Settlement, Student Loans or Business Loans), which makes this setting irrelevant. If your CRM has multiple File Types, choose the File Type that you want this trigger to activate for, or select "--Any--".
2. Company: This is a Filter/Qualifier. Select the Company that a contact must be Assigned To, in order for the trigger to activate. In most cases, your CRM may only have one Company, which makes this setting irrelevant. If your CRM has multiple Companies/Affiliates, choose the Company that you want this trigger to activate for, or select "--Any--".
3. Message: Sets the message (SMS Template) to be sent when the trigger occurs. All active SMS Templates from the SMS tab are available as options.
4. To (SMS message recipient): This option defines who the SMS message is going to. On a single System Event you may wish to send messages to multiple parties like the Contact, Assigned To User, a Manager or an entire department. In these cases you will need to set up a separate trigger for each party you want to send a message to.
- Assigned To: The User assigned to the contact record.
- Reports To: The User assigned to the record's Report To user. This is defined under the "User Login Information" section of the Edit User screen (Admin Tab > edit User).
- Submitter: The User that Submitted the contact during the Enrollment process. Usually used with the "Client Submitted" trigger.
- Approver: The User that Approved the contact during the Enrollment process. Usually used with the "Client Approved" trigger.
- Attorney: The User assigned as the Attorney on the contact.
- Account Exec: The account executive User listed for the assigned Company. Found by going to the Company options (Admin Tab > Companies > edit Company).
- Enroller: The User that Completed the Enrollment for the contact.
- User: A specific User within the organization. When selected a second menu will appear, giving you the option to select a User.
- Client: The contact's Cell Phone.
- Other: Provides an input field to enter a Phone Number for the message to be sent to.
- Assigned Role: The Phone Number of the User assigned secondarily by a User Role.
SMS triggers that are configured to go to Users will be delivered to the Phone Number that is entered into the SMS Notifications section, located in their My Settings.
5. From (SMS message sender): This defines which Number the message will come from. Your active Phone Numbers from the SMS tab will appear here.
6. Click Save