Before you begin the setup process your CRM account will need to have signed up for the SMS Platform. To sign up, please contact email@example.com or call (630)394-6260.
Once you have signed up for the SMS Platform, you can begin the setup and configuration process.
For further information, please see the following articles
- SMS: Sending and Receiving SMS Messages on the Client Dashboard
- SMS: Sending E-Sign Requests
- SMS: Campaigns
- SMS: Triggers
- SMS Report
Create a Twilio Account
The first step when setting up the SMS platform is to buy a Twilio Account.
After verifying, you'll create a project by giving it a name. Projects are a top level of objects in their system. Right now we support one set of Project API per company, so you could have one set of credentials per company within the account (This includes an option to activate credentials for all companies in the account). You'll then be taken to the Project dashboard. You can then click on "Show API Credentials" in the upper right-hand corner to setup the retrieve the SID and Auth Token.
Link Twilio with Debt Pay Pro
Locate the Account SID and Auth Token from your Twilio account on the Project Dashboard, and input these credentials into the SMS Settings page inside Debt Pay Pro.
Now log into the CRM and go to the SMS page located in the admin tab (Admin Tab > Settings > SMS). Once there, plug in the Account SID and Auth Token. At this point, you can choose to save the information for all companies or for a specific company. Entering credentials for an individual company will override the "All Companies" credentials.
Purchase Phone Numbers
Navigate to the SMS tab and select Manage Numbers.
To purchase a number, click Purchase a New Number. You can search by area code to find numbers in specific locations.
Synch Numbers from Twillio
To Sync a phone number that you've already created in Twilio, click Sync Numbers. When clicking this button it should pull all the active phone numbers from the attached Twilio account and set them as active.
Editing Phone Numbers
When editing a Phone Number, you'll have the option to Activate or Deactivate phone numbers, give them a Friendly Name, as well as Assign Company/Users access to the numbers. You'll also see additional details about the phone number, such as the date it was purchased, or any SMS Campaigns that are using the phone number.
The Friendly Name allows you to name your Phone Numbers and will show up when selecting that phone number from other pages in the CRM interface.
To edit a Phone Number, click ...
When assigning Company/User access, you can choose to share with individual Users, entire companies or with everyone. In the following example video, we share it with everyone in the Debt Pay Pro company.
SMS Role Permissions
The SMS Platform includes several User Role permissions. Enabling or disabling these permissions will allow you to customize how your agents utilize the SMS Platform. Upon activating SMS you will need to go and edit user roles to provide access to the new features and module.
Send ESign SMS
Edit SMS Triggers
Phone Number is not syncing with DPP
- Log into Twilio.com and go to the Console's Numbers page.
- Click on the Phone number you'd like to sync with DPP
- Find the Messaging section and the "A MESSAGE COMES IN" option
- Select "Webhook" and paste in the URL:
Error: Unable to create record: Permission to send an SMS has not been enabled for the region indicated by the 'To' number
- Log into Twilio.com and go to the Programmable SMS page.
- Click on Settings, then click Geo Permissions
- Enable the checkbox that corresponds to the region you are trying to send SMS messages to.
Error: Unsupported Provider
- This message indicates that there is a problem with the Twilio credentials. Either they are missing or invalid. The assigned company must have a valid, working Twilio account integrated in order for messages to work.
Error: Message could not be sent. Error: [HTTP 401] Unable to create record: Authenticat
- If an SMS is not sent for any reason, say credentials are wrong or lack of funds, we get this error message. We cannot really differentiate what caused it. If we see that message, we have to
1. check the AuthToken and SID.
2. check funds on the Twilio account.