Hyperlinks can be added to email or document templates which allows the reader to click on the text or image and be taken directly to an external web page. This article will go over basic steps for adding a Hyperlink while editing a document, email template, or guidelines page.
- Docs tab > Create A New Document
- E-Marketing tab > Create Email Template
- Guidelines tab > Create Content
1. Begin by highlighting the text or image that you want to add a Hyperlink to.
2. Then, right click the text or image, and from the options that appear choose Link. Alternatively, you can click the Insert/Edit link icon on the editor toolbar.
3. From the Insert Link layover window that appears you can enter the URL of a web page.
You can also use this layover window to customize the Hyperlink even further:
- URL: Direct web address that will be opened when the text or image is clicked.
- Text to display: This is the actual hyperlink text that is displayed.
- Title: Inputting text into this box will make that text display as a tooltip when the hyperlink is moused over.
- Link List: Convert the hyperlink to open a file from the Files tab. If a file is selected from this list, the system will auto-populate the file's location into the URL box.
- Target: Selecting the "New Window" option will force the system to open the link in a new browser window, instead of redirecting the page.
Once finished, click Ok.