The Guidelines tab is a storage tool for content such as document files and various other resources that can be organized and readily available for CRM Users.
This article will outline basic steps for adding content and organizing the Guidelines tab.
Pictured above is an example Guidelines tab with some Featured Pages.
To start building out your Guidelines tab, the first thing you will need to do is create Categories. Categories are used to organize and sort the content on your Guidelines tab.
**IMPORTANT: Content cannot be added to the Guidelines tab without putting it into a Category.
Once you have navigated to the Categories page, you can create new Categories by inputting the Category Name, selecting the Parent Category (optional), and then clicking Save.
Selecting a Parent Category will allow you to create Sub-Categories. A Sub-Category serves no innate purpose, other than to allow for more in-depth organization of your content.
Once created, your Categories will be listed on this page. You can then perform the following:
- Click on the name of a Category to edit the name or delete it.
- Reorder the Categories by click-and-dragging a Category to move it up or down.
The Guidelines tab Content creation page is similar to other template editor pages found throughout the CRM, with the addition of a few settings unique to the Guidelines tab.
- Featured Page: Enabling this check box will make this page display in the Featured Pages section on the front of the Guidelines tab.
- Title: Title of the page.
- Category: Select the Category that this page will display under.
- Description: Enter an optional description that displays under the title of the page.
- Shared With: Highlight Teams or Users that will have access to view this page. Press Keyboard Ctrl-click to highlight multiple.
Beneath those settings, you will find the basic template editor
The template editor above has many similar features and options that you would find in Microsoft Word or other document editing software. You can find some additional resources for editing the body of the page in the articles listed below:
**IMPORTANT: Once you are finished, double check to make sure your page has a Category selected then click Save Page!