Task Triggers function similarly to Email Triggers in the sense that task creation is triggered by system events.
Location: Calendar Tab > Tasks > Task Triggers
Once on the Trigger Task page you will find a mostly blank screen except for a drop down menu located on the navigation bar. This drop box lists all system events that can be used to trigger a task to be created.
Start by selecting a system event from the drop down.
**Note: Selecting Status Change or similar triggers will cause a secondary drop down to appear where a specific status or task needs to be selected.
Once you have selected a system event for your task creation to be triggered on, you will be given a series of drop downs to further specify when you want the task created. In the example image above, we are setting up a task to be created once a contact is moved into the VM 1 Workflow Status.
- File Type: This can limit the task being created to contacts with a specific file type only.
- Company: This can limit the task being created to contacts with a specific company only.
- Task or Task Group: Select either a Task or Task Group. If selecting a task, leave the Task Group box blank. If selecting a Task Group, leave the Task box blank, as the system will create triggers for each task in that group.
- Assigned to: Sets who the task is being assigned to.
- Due Date: Sets the due date equal to the # of days in the future, from the date the task is created.
Once set up, click Save.