The steps below outline how to advance funds manually. The primary use of this feature is for Users who want to manually advance funds from their reserve account to a particular client's account. Typically this feature is used to advance funds for a low balance settlement for a shipped check. The system will not send the check until it is funded (pending status).
For settlements that are presented to DPG for payment (ACH and check by phone electronic images), you can advance "on the fly" by using the decisions page to advance on any low balance settlements. For further information, please refer to the help article: Settlement Decisions: Advance Funds.
Navigate to the Accounting tab, Fee Accounts page.
Click Account-to-Client Transfer.
- From Account: Select appropriate VBA reserve account (payees).
- To Contact: Type in the client name or client ID you wish to advance funds.
- Transfer Amount: Amount of funds to be transferred.
- Transfer Date: Must be current date or date in the future; can NOT be back dated.
- Recoup Date: Select the date you wish to recoup funds from client account.
- Memo: Input notes i.e. "Advance for settlement".
Save your selections. The amount saved will be instantly applied to the account.