Forms can be designated as an External Form. This will give the option to send it via a secure channel to the client.
The form can then be filled out, and the information submitted back can be saved on the contact in the CRM. The request is sent from the client dashboard.
Setting up an External Form
Navigate to the Contacts page, then click on Custom Fields.
Once in the Custom fields page, Click on Form Builder.
Choose to create a new form or edit an existing form
- Once in the form, check the "External Form" box and save the form.
- Once saved, click on "External Form" hyperlink to setup the request message.
External Form Settings
Once in the External Form hyperlink (See Below), you will be able to customize how the form appears to the customer.
- Display Title: is the title of the form.
- Sub-Header: is a further explanation of why or what the purpose of the form is.
- Disclaimer: is a note that appears on the bottom of the form.
- Email Subject: is what the customer will see once it is in the customers email inbox.
- Email Body: is the instructions that you can include once it is emailed to the customer.
- From Address: Designates the "From" email address that the recipient receives the External Form Request from. If left blank, the system will automatically use firstname.lastname@example.org
- Link Label: Customize the text on the link button that the recipient clicks on to complete the form.
- Require Signature: This will include a mouse signature box at the bottom of the page contact will have to sign in order to submit the form information back.
- Disregard Completed Fields: When checked fields already filled in on the CRM’s side will be omitted from the client’s end, preventing them from changing that information.
- NSLDS File Upload: When checked, an option to upload the NSLDS My Student Data File will be added to the bottom of the External Form Request.
- Document Title: Name of the document that is being requested.
- Document Type: Type of document that is being requested.
Below is an example of a Request Documents configuration, as well as how it displays on the actual External Form Request.
Sending the External Form from the Contact Dashboard
- From the Client Dashboard, below the Client Snapshot, click the orange bar Send External Form Request
Sending the Specific Form
Below you will notice the layover box that will appear with a drop down menu. This will allow you to specify what External Forms you wish to choose.
- Click on the form that you wish to send to the client.
- Then hit "Send Request". Once sent, the customer will receive an email with the requested form.
When a Client Receives External Form
In this example, you will see what the customer receives.
- The Display Title of the form itself
- The "Sub-Header" of the form.
- The "Fields" that you wish the customer to fill out
- Once the customer hits "Save Information" the contacts information will change according to what the customer fills out on the external form.
If you need assistance on adding Custom Fields, please visit the Custom Fields Page
If you want to know how to create a form, please visit the Form Builder Page.