External Forms can be sent directly to a client via email from the Client Dashboard. Once a client completes the External Form request, the information that the client input into the form is automatically updated into the contact in the CRM.
Setting up an External Form
1. Navigate to the Contacts tab > Custom Fields > Form Builder page.
- Create A New Form: Create an entirely new Form.
- Edit An Existing Form: Edit an existing In-Take Form (to turn it into an External Form).
3. Once you are finished creating and configuring your In-Take form, check the box next to External Form and then click Save Form. This will turn your In-Take form into an External Form, allowing it to be sent directly to a client via the Client Dashboard.
4. Once saved, click on the External Form hyperlink to configure the External Form settings.
External Form Settings
These settings customize how the form appears to the client.
- Display Title: The title of the form.
- Sub-Header: Description of the form.
- Disclaimer: is a note that appears on the bottom of the form.
- Email Subject: The email subject that the client will see in their email inbox.
- Email Body: The email body that the client will see in the email.
- From Address: Designates the "From" email address that the recipient receives the External Form Request from. If left blank, the system will automatically use email@example.com.
- Link Label: Customize the text on the link button that the recipient clicks on to complete the form.
- Require Signature: This will include a mouse signature box at the bottom of the page. The client will have to sign the form in order to complete the External Form request.
- Disregard Completed Fields: When checked, fields already filled in on the CRM side will be omitted from the form, preventing the client from changing that information.
- NSLDS File Upload: When checked, an option to upload the NSLDS My Student Data File will be added to the bottom of the External Form Request.
- Required: Checking this box will require the client to upload an NSLDS file in order to complete the External Form request.
- Document Title: Name of the document that is being requested.
- Document Type: Type of document that is being requested.
- REQ*: Checking this box requires the client to upload this document before completing the External Form request.
Once you are finished configuring the External Form settings, click Save Form.
Sending the External Form from the Contact Dashboard
Location: Contacts tab > Client Dashboard
Click Send External Form Request.