Workflow is a series of Stages and Status that organize contacts to reflect where they are in your process.
What is Workflow?
- Workflow is a series of Stages and Status that a client will transition through as they progress in your work process.
- Stage - Can be thought of as the larger or general step in your workflow process. For example, a stage could be "Lead" or "Client" and underneath these stages will be related statuses.
- Status - Sub category of a stage. For example, a client can be in the stage of "Lead" and the status of "New Lead". Depending on your work process, a client can have multiple status that they are transitioned through under each stage.
Navigating to Workflow Settings
- In the CRM navigate to the "Contacts Tab" and select "Workflow" from the navigation bar as shown below.
** You may need sufficient user privileges to view and edit workflow settings.
Your workflow will have multiple stages with status. In the example below the "Student Loans" (File Type) workflow is shown with the "Lead" Stage. You should see the corresponding Status beneath the Stage "New Lead, Follow Up, VM1, etc...".
Adding New Workflow
To add either a new Workflow Stage or Status, start by clicking on the "Add New" button to the right of the listed Workflow (shown below). Make sure you are viewing the correct file type's Workflow (drop down menu on the navigation bar) before adding anything new.
Adding a New Stage
- Select "Stage from the drop-down menu.
- Give the Stage a Name and Save
Adding a new Status
- Select Status from the drop down menu and give it a name.
- Select which stage it will go under in the far right drop down and save.
You can also set "Access Restriction", this limits your users' ability to update the workflow status to or from the particular workflow you are editing. In the example below, we have set so only users from the "Sales" team have the ability to update the workflow status on a contact to or from the "New Lead" status.
Updating a Client's File to a new Stage/Status
From the client dashboard, you will see an option to update status.
A pop up will appear to select the new stages and statuses that you defined in your workflow.