This article includes the following topics:
Setting up the campaign
In order to set up an e-marketing campaign, you must have complete the following 3 steps in order:
Step 1 - Setting up a sender
Senders are the email address messages will be delivered from. You will be required to setup Senders with SMTP settings from a provider of your choice. If you do not currently own your own SMTP you can review are article of recommended providers here.
- From the e-marketing tab, click Setup Senders.
- Do either of the following:
- Go to the SMTP Server Settings section > enter the appropriate information where indicated.
You should be able to find these with your SMTP Relay provider. Enter the SMTP Host address (Ex. smtp-relay.gmail.com), Port (check with your provider for the correct Port number) and SMTP username and password. Then select to use SSL or TSL protocol; most likely you will want to use TLS (but check with your SMTP provider for the correct option).
- When finished, click Save Sender.
Step 2 - Building a contact list
Contact lists are dynamic and in real time, meaning every time you load a list it will populate with the most current set of contacts based on the filters you have setup. Everyday at the scheduled time, the Email Campaign will run and send the message to contacts populating the list at that time.
- Next build a list that will populate the contacts you want emailed on the campaign.
Please refer to the Knowledge Base for more information on building contact lists here.
Step 3 - Creating an email template
Next you will need to build an email template (if one is not already built).
- From the E-Marketing tab, click Create Email Template. Click to enlarge.
The E-Campaign Designer opens. Click to view additional information.
- When finished, click Save Design.
Scheduling the campaign
- From the E-marketing tab, click Schedule A New Campaign.
The Schedule A Launch page opens.
- Enter the appropriate information, where indicated:
- Campaign Title - Start by giving the campaign a descriptive title and check the Active checkbox (you can later un-check this box to temporarily stop a campaign from running if needed).
- Is this a single or a re-occurring campaign? - Choose if the campaign will run once or re-occur.
If you selected re-occurring, the following information is requested.
- How often would you like this campaign to occur? Select the number of days, weeks, etc. you'd like the campaign to be resent.
- Don't Repeat If Already Opened - This prevents sending duplicate campaigns to contacts who have already opened a previously sent occurrence.
- When would you like this campaign to start? - Select the start date and time of day the campaign will run on each occurrence.
- In the Email Delivery section, select the 3 items set up in Setting up the campaign.
- In the Unsubscribe Redirect, add a web address the contact would be taken to in the case they click Unsubscribe.
This can be used to send them to a page on your website reminding them of information or in the case of a marketing campaign, to make another attempt to sign up with your business.
- In the Options section, do any of the following:
- Select the Notify Assigned To On Open checkbox to be notified when someone opens the email from your campaign.
- Select the Notify Campaign Creator On Open checkbox to use this as a marketing tool so that you can attempt to directly contact the person by phone while they are viewing your marketing email.
- Once finished, click Schedule This Launch.
Tracking the campaign
Once you have scheduled the campaign you will be taken back to the E-Marketing tab main page. The campaign (and any other active / inactive campaigns) is listed in the Upcoming section waiting to launch.
- Within the campaign information listed there you will see the Next Run date and time, and also how often the campaign will occur (if applicable).
- Once the campaign launches AND finishes running, it will appear under the Recently Sent section. There you will find a few pieces of data. The number emailed, the number opened and a percentage of those numbers.
- You can click on a sent campaign to see further details about who received and opened the email message.
The campaign will not land in the Recently Sent section until the campaign has finished running all processes. If the campaign is scheduled for the morning or afternoon, the campaign won't appear under Recently Sent until much later in the day or the next morning. Keep this in mind when checking on your scheduled campaigns.