Effective Date: March 28, 2019
This article has been written to provide information on how to enroll a contact into the CRM. Enrollment should be done at the end of your sales process once you are ready to activate the client's scheduled payments and begin the back-end processing for your services.
The following steps will outline how to enroll a contact through a basic underwriting process. In many cases, your underwriting process may differ. In this case, you may customize your enrollment process via the Enrollment Settings page. This article is broken down into the following sections:
- Navigate to the Enrollment Details page.
- Configure and Save an Enrollment Plan.
- Submit the File for Approval.
- Approve the File.
- Complete the Enrollment.
Navigate to the Enrollment Details Page
1. Go to the Contacts tab and select the client you wish to enroll. This will take you to that client's dashboard. Click Enrollment. This will bring you to the Enrollment Details page.
**NOTE: For Debt Settlement File Type the Enrollment button will not appear until the contact has at least 1 debt stored in their Debts tab.
2. Select the "Edit Enrollment Plan from the Navigation Bar (see below).
3. Select the desired Enrollment Plan options, then click either of the following:
- Save Enrollment Plan: Saves the plan, then takes you back to the Client Dashboard.
- Save & Generate Contract: Saves the plan, then takes you to the Generate Document screen.
Here is another example of what you may see if this is a Student Loan Enrollment Plan.
Submit the File for Approval
3. Navigate back to the Enrollment Details page (outlined in step 1 and 2 above), then click Submit File.
After Submitting the client file, it will now appear in the Submitted section of the Enrollments tab awaiting approval.
Approve the File
At this point in the enrollment process, we recommend a manager or processor User take over reviewing the file. These Users must now make sure all the necessary documents have been collected, the payment schedule has been properly set up, and double-check other important items about the client's enrollment.
Click the Green Arrow to return to the client's Enrollment Details page (see the arrow in the previous image above).
4. From the Enrollment Details page, your manager or processor User will have 2 options.
If the client's file meets requirements, click Approve File (see image below).
If the client's file does not meet requirements, click Return File (see image below). When selected, you will be given a layover box to add notes as to why the file is being returned.
- Returned files can be located in the Enrollments tab > Returned section (see image below).
- Once located and reviewed, a returned file can be Resubmitted from the Enrollment Details page.
Once approved, the file can now be enrolled from the Enrollment Details page. At this point, make one final review of the client's payment information, as after completing the enrollment, the client's scheduled payments will be live and processed automatically.
Click Complete Enrollment (see below).
Now that you have completed the enrollment, the client's file will appear in the Enrollments tab > Enrolled section (See red highlighted box below)
Important Things to Know About Enrolled Contacts
- Enrolled contacts cannot be deleted. If you need to delete a contact that is Enrolled, you must first use the Reset Client tool to De-Enroll the file.
- **NOTE: Debt Settlement file type does not have access to De-Enroll a file. Please contact Support@debtpaypro.com for assistance with this.
- Once a contact has been Enrolled, their scheduled payments will be live and processed automatically. Payment processing differs between Payment Gateways. For detailed processing information about your Payment Gateway, click here.
- It is best practice to have the manager or processor Users review files thoroughly before completing the enrollment. Client payments can result in Returned/NSF status because a client's Credit Card information was input incorrectly. Too many Returned/NSF transactions can negatively affect your reputation with your merchant processor.
- Depending on your Enrollment Settings, contacts may have their Workflow Statuses automatically updated as they move through the enrollment process.