Mass deleting contacts is a powerful tool and deleting the wrong contacts can cause information to be lost or halt your ability to operate. Mass Deleting should be done by an account administrator and done with great care.
Identifying what contacts will be deleted
- From the Contacts tab, select Mass Edit from the menu.
- Select one of the following options:
- With List allows you to edit the entire contact list; or
- With Selected allows you to edit only the selected contact files.
Click the icon to continue to the Mass Edit page.
- Click Perform Mass Delete.
Before you delete it is best practice to review the number of contacts that will be affected before performing the action. Judge the number of 'contacts will be affected' with your estimates for how many you are assuming should be deleted.
Once deleted contacts can not be immediately recovered. You can contact firstname.lastname@example.org if contacts have been deleted in error, however the request may take 24hrs to fulfill. Mass deletion should be performed with great attention to detail.