The File & Media Library can be used to upload files into the CRM that can be added as attachments to emails and used as images on documents or email templates.
Location: Files Tab
Uploading a New File
1. Start by clicking on Upload A New File from the navigation bar.
2. Now select the file you wish to upload from your local storage by clicking "Browse...". Once you've selected the file it will automatically transfer the file name to the "Name / Alias of File", you can rename if you wish. Once selected you can click Upload from the navigation bar to have the file placed on an FTP Server.
- FTP Server: Select FTP server to save data to.
*default is set at the CRM Public URL server, this server is accessible by anyone on the network. Generally you will only see files you have uploaded as options within your account but we do not recommend putting any client sensitive data on this server. If your company maintains a private FTP Server and wish to utilize it within CRM, please go to location: Files Tab>Servers (Navigation Bar), and enter the server info there to enable the ability to up-load information there.
- File Type: The file type chosen for an uploaded file can affect where it is available within CRM.
- Document - Files will be available as an attachment to emails.
- Image - Files can be used as a graphic on documents and email templates.
- Misc. - Files will be available as attachments for email templates.
- Video - Media can be used in email templates.
- Browse for the file - Click the browse button to locate the file you wish to upload on your hard-drive.
- Name/ Alias of File - Allows you to rename file as you wish it to appear within CRM.
- Add Another - Will expand another row in order to add more than one file at once.
Adding an FTP Server
If you wish to have files uploaded to a private FTP server that you have established outside of the CRM, you can setup a location under the Files Tab as well.
1. Click Servers from the Files Tab main page.
2. Next fill in the server information. Once complete click Save Connection and the server will now be available to upload files to.