This article outlines basic steps for using tasks in the CRM. For further information or help with configuring task settings, please view any of the following articles:
Creating Tasks from the Calendar
Location: Calendar Tab > Tasks > Create New Task.
Creating Tasks from the Client Dashboard
Location: Contacts tab > Client Dashboard > Task Tab.
Click the Green Plus Icon.
Creating a Task
- Task: Select the task you wish to assign, tasks will be listed sorted based on the groups your user profile belongs to.
- Due Date: Select the due date by either entering the date manually or choosing date from the pop up calendar.
- Assigned To: Select a User, Team, or Contact to assign the task to. For more information about teams please see our article about Teams.
- Contact: Enter the name of the contact on which the task is scheduled. If the task is being added from the client dashboard the contact name will automatically appear here. (as displayed in the example image above)
- Notes: Additional notes can be entered here.
- Save Task: Save the task for the system to create and assign. Once saved, a notification will appear in the lower right portion of the screen of the user the task has been assigned to. Due date reminders as dictated on task settings will appear in the same area as well.
Location: Calendar Tab > Tasks
Tasks can be edited to change the Task Type, Due Date, and the Assignment. You can also complete a list of Tasks all at once.
To edit a Task, simply click the Pencil Icon located underneath the Actions Column.
To edit multiple Tasks, select the check box next to each task, then click Edit Multiple.
**Note: Completed Tasks cannot be edited.
To search for and edit Tasks that are assigned on multiple different contacts, navigate to the Calendar tab > Tasks page.
Start by configuring your preferred filters (pictured left), in order to locate the tasks that you are trying to view and edit, then click Filter Tasks.
Once you have generated your list of Tasks, you can then edit or export them.
Most commonly, this would be used to re-assign tasks from one User to another User.
Completing a Task
Click the green check mark icon located in the Actions column of the task.