This article outlines basic steps for using tasks in the CRM. For further information or help with configuring task settings, please view any of the following articles:
Assigning Tasks from the Calendar
Location: Calendar Tab > Tasks > Create New Task.
Assigning Tasks from the Client Dashboard
Location: Contacts tab > Client Dashboard > Task Tab.
Click the Green Plus Icon.
Creating a Task
- Task: Select the task you wish to assign, tasks will be listed sorted based on the groups your user profile belongs to.
- Due Date: Select the due date by either entering the date manually or choosing date from the pop up calendar.
- Assigned To: Select a User, Team, or Contact to assign the task to. For more information about teams please see our article about Teams.
- Contact: Enter the name of the contact on which the task is scheduled. If the task is being added from the client dashboard the contact name will automatically appear here. (as displayed in the example image above)
- Notes: Additional notes can be entered here.
- Save Task: Save the task for the system to create and assign. Once saved, a notification will appear in the lower right portion of the screen of the user the task has been assigned to. Due date reminders as dictated on task settings will appear in the same area as well.
You now will now find the task listed under the client dashboard and on the All Tasks list available on the calendar page.
Completing a Task
Click the green check mark icon located in the Actions column of the task.