This article contains the following topics:
Email template overview
Email templates can be created to be sent to contacts or system users. Email templates can be sent manually from the Client Dashboard, or sent automatically from Email Triggers and E-Marketing campaigns.
Email templates can be created within the 2 available editor windows, HTML and Plain Text:
- The HTML editor acts basically the same as our Document editor under the Docs tab. You can create email templates visually in the editor, which is converted into HTML language most all email servers will be able to accept.
- The plain text alternative is a version that will ignore any style or graphic HTML coding which some readers cannot support.
We suggest always including a plain text version of your email in the event a contact is having trouble viewing the HTML version, the information will still be able to be viewed using the plain text version.
Document Tags can be used on Email templates (both HTML and Plain Text) to automatically populate information within the email template. Some commonly used Tags are listed in the Notes/Guidelines section on the right hand side of the page.
Creating an email template
- From the E-Marketing tab, click > Create Email Template. Click to enlarge image.
The E-Campaign Designer opens.
- Do any of the following:
- Campaign Title: Name of the template as it will appear within the CRM.
- Email Subject: Enter what you would like to appear in the subject line of the email.
- Category: Select a category for what the email will be used for. Categories have no innate function, and are only used for sorting purposes:
- Auto-Responders: An email sent as an automatic response to a trigger or data source posting.
- Marketing: Used mostly in conjunction with an email campaign or can be a one-off email to client.
- Notification: To notify client of changes to or milestones regarding their enrollment or can be a one-off email to client.
- Trigger: Used internally or externally to notify users or clients of system events or changes to their clients status.
- Shared With: Allows the ability to use, view and edit templates with other users, depending on permissions.
- Add Attachments: Attach a file to this template that will automatically send with the email. See our article Adding Attachments to Email Templates for instructions.