By now you would have collected data and saved an enrollment plan on a contact file. You then should be ready to generate and send a document template (contract agreement) for electronic signature. The following are steps to generate and send a document template for electronic signature.
**Note: For assistance with configuring Clixsign settings, view our Clixsign Settings Article.
Location: Client Dashboard > Docs tab
1. Click Generate PDF.
This will take you to the Document Generation page. Here you can generate a document template with saved client information filled in. Documents can also be sent for signature here as well.
2. Choose a template from the drop down
3. Check the box Send To Clixsign. By doing this, you are prompting to send the generated document to the contact's email address for E-Signature.
4. Once ready, click Generate PDF.
5. Next, input the Subject and Message of the email that accompanies the request for e-signature.
**Note: The Subject and Message can be configured to pre-fill with a default Subject and Message. This is configured from the Admin tab > Settings > Clixsign page.
6. Click Send For Signature. This will send the document signature request directly to the Contact's email address.
All previously generated documents can be found in the Client Dashboard > Docs tab > Generated PDF Docs tab
Documents sent for electronic signature can be found in the Client Dashboard > Docs tab > E-Signed Docs tab
Status: This column displays the current status of the clixsign request.
- Sent: The clixsign request has been sent.
- Pending: The clixsign request has been opened, and is pending signature(s).
- Completed: The clixsign request has been signed and completed.
# Signers: This column displays the number of signers (applicants) required to sign, in order for the e-signature request to complete.
Signing an Electronic Document
Outlined below are the steps that a consumer must take to complete a clixsign request. After completing these steps, the document "Status" will be listed as Completed.
1. Open the emailed link that says "Click Here to Review Documents". This will begin the signing process.
2. The first thing that will happen is the system will pop open the "E-Signature Adoption & Terms" window. The Signer must agree to terms and verify their name and initials, then press "Continue".
3. Now the Signer may scroll through the document manually or check the box for "auto scrolling" and then click "Go to Next Signature Spot". This Signer must now click each signature location until none remain.
4. Once each signature spot is signed, this will pop open the "You're Almost Done..." window, where the Signer must either click "Complete Signing" or "Decline Signing".
5. Once the Signer presses "Complete Signing" the system will begin generating the document. **THE SIGNER MUST WAIT FOR THE DOCUMENT TO FINISH GENERATING**.
6. Once finished generating, the system will pop open the "Thank You, your document is ready to download" window, and the e-sign is now Completed.
- **If the Signer has a Co-Signer, (dictated by a valid email address in the Co-Applicant Email system field) the document will not be completed yet. Instead, once step 6 is completed by the Signer, the E-Sign request would then automatically be sent to the Co-Signer, and steps 1-6 would repeat. The E-Sign request will not complete until the Co-Signer completes step 6.